Webel IT Parks
Click to view on map
The passage of time has seen things change for the better in West Bengal. West Bengal, especially Kolkata, is moving towards being one of the hottest destinations for both software and IT-enabled services (ITES) companies. The urban infrastructure in West Bengal has improved considerably. Be it roads, bridges, housing facilities or transport. The planned 'New Town' at Rajarhat on the outskirts of the Kolkata, the housing projects being developed by Bengal Ambuja, Bengal Peerless and others along the Eastern Metropolitan Bypass has further diluted the housing problems faced by the urban populace. The state gives top priority to information technology (IT), electronics and knowledge-based industries. These sectors have been performing well and entrepreneurs are reposing faith by investing in IT projects in the state.
Webel's helping hand
- Makes rental space available-helps companies obtain space on rent/lease in buildings owned by Webel and private entrepreneurs
- Land procurement-keeps tabs on land availability. Allocates as and when available.
- Telecom infrastructure-Interacts with BSNL to help procure last-mile connectivity.
- Power connections-Interacts with WB State Electricity Board to get power connections.
- Building approval-Forwards building plans after preliminary check to local municipality to expedite clearances.
- STPI registration-authorised to give STPI registration on behalf of STPI